**A CINDIRELLA TALE**

Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Excuse me, are you a relief teacher?

The first day of school is not as great as i'd expected it to be. It kinda sucks not to be introduce properly to both the teachers and students. As the title suggest, most still think that i'm a relief teacher @#$%^&*

Was rather disappointed that there was NO induction program for the new teachers. Guess what? All of us had to start reliefing from the 2nd period onwards today! For god sake, we dun even know the floor plan of the school. Needless to say, i lost my way pretty much today trying to get from classroom to classroom. And i kept being mistaken as a relief teacher! The other teachers there are like trying to assign me tasks. Had this feeling that we have been thrown into the pool and were expected to find our way out.

Realised that the Science department in this school is very 'on'. In the sense that, quite a number of teachers had already approached me and expected me to take over some of their duties (Hate it!). I'd to politely tell them that i will accept what the HOD had planned for me, other than that i'm in no position to make any decision. Upon hearing that, one of the teachers asked me to come back during the june holidays and helped out with the remedial (at least the 1st 2 weeks of the holiday). I dun mind so much about going back but how to help students for remedial when i know nuts about them????? Apparently, this school has an excess of CPA teachers (8 CPA teachers and only 4 NT classes!), so the chances of me teaching CPA is really little. As my HOD had said, i most probably will be a science teacher only (is that good or bad?).

Another thing which i can NEVER get used to is the tiny small working space! I'm having only 1/4 of the space i used to have (Is this really a new school??)!!! How pathetic! I hate this kinda of working environment where everyone is working side by side on a very small table. No privacy at all...

But the best thing about the school is probably the students. They dun seemed to need much discipline, they are pretty discipline themselves. From my relief classes today, they seemed to respect the teachers there a lot. Btw, the 5 of us are expected to do relief till the end of the week till we get our timetable next term. Heard from one of my fellow beginning teachers that BT usually would not get more than 28 periods a week. Pray that this rumour is true!

Tomorrow is gonna be one long day packed with contact time. Think tomorrow we will be properly introduce to the teachers in school and hopefully i won't be asked if i'm a releif teacher anymore....

4 Wishes granted:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger ~Cindirella~ said…

    Hey! I have done my fair share of 500 words! Hee..

     
  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger Raymond Chng said…

    hmm.. sounds like the teachers there are bullies. too bad they got you - the one who will not be pushed about... *wink*

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Raymond Chng said…

    no CPA should be good news... why would you think otherwise?

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger ~Cindirella~ said…

    In this school, Not teaching CPA doesn't mean it is good..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home