**A CINDIRELLA TALE**

Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Monday, August 03, 2009

New Insights

An unexpected conversation with a colleague shared over a busy schedule brought about new insights.

We shared about the woes faced at work, our personal life and the seemingly unknown future. I causally mentioned that a lot of people had changed upon given important task and I do not mean that they have change in a pleasant manner. Colleague L mentioned that it is not easy being at the management level especially in our workplace. L said that it is either you changed to suit Hilter or be prepared to have a re-education by Hilter. L also mentioned how the heads had chosen to keep quiet instead of speaking up for their subordinates as speaking also brought a series of bombarding from Hilter.

I feel a little upset to hear this statement. I meant I had expected that no head would dare to speak up for you once you’re in Hilter’s bad books. But it is still disheartening to hear that nonetheless. It is like you have been sentenced once Hilter disliked you and no matter what you do, it is just pointless.

We also spoke about how a few of the colleagues had planned to either to transfer our or to leave the service totally. I guess in a way, we all feel helpless to the situation that we are in, for we know we are too powerless to change anything. There is nothing else that we can do except to leave.

Suddenly, I’m glad about everything that had happened in the past seven months. At least it had given me a direction and ‘force’ me to make a decision.

I just can’t wait to surrender my card back to the garment now.

0 Wishes granted:

Post a Comment

<< Home