**A CINDIRELLA TALE**

Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Anger Management

I read in last Sunday's Straits Times that 1 out of 5 Singaporeans get angry at least once a day. This prompt me to sit down and think about it. Not surprisingly, i belong to the 1 out of 5 Singaporeans who get angry at least once a day. Especially bad temper now cos the students get on my nerves.

The new timetable sucks. They squeezed all my worst classes in 4 periods straight from Mon till Wed and most of the time, i dun even get time off to rest or eat until half the day is over. Do i have to get bullied like this simply because i'm new? My friend asked me to bear with it because BT is not supposed to speak up. To the hell with the system. Why should we BT suffer with lousy timetable so that the senior teachers can sit in the staffroom and breeze through every single day?

One of the teachers asked me to learn to adapt this system. Does that translate into asking me to keep my mouth shut and bear with all the shits that i'm given? (It is easy for her to say that when you are not given teh shit..) I'm sorry if that is what she meant. If i'm given more than 2 periods of relief (which is the standard for teachers to relief in a day), i'll sure KBKB. Becausing i think it is super f***king unfair. A fellow BT says that maybe they purposely planned my timetable this way cos they are lacking in teachers to relief. And now i cannot reject the relief period because i've no lesson on that day. So i have to accept, no matter how many relief periods i get.

Sigh.

I'm tired. I kept asking my fellow BTs, how are we supposed to survive in the next 2-3 years? We get the lousy timetables, lousy classes and all the extra duties. (i was 'forced' to take up the night remedial thing.. So much for saying that it is pure voluntary..) I dun mind chipping in my shares but i seriously think enough is enough. The doc says that i'm under too much stress and if this goes on, i will be having high blood pressure pretty soon. Crap.. It is only the first 5 weeks of school..

P/S: These few weeks i kept wondering.. Am i the only one who is faced with classroom management problems? It is getting quite depressing. 2 of my classes are clearly getting out of hand and i'm already up to my bottle-neck in trying to discipline them. It is quite evident that one of these classes hates me and is trying to challenge me everytime i stepped in. Everytime i read yy, KJ and GQ's blogs and saw the things that they wrote in their blogs on teaching, i can't help but think that maybe it is really me. Maybe i just sucks at being a teacher....

3 Wishes granted:

Post a Comment

<< Home