**A CINDIRELLA TALE**

Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Warning: Super bitchy post ahead. Do not read if you don’t like it.

Sometimes, people never crease to wonder me. That is especially with the different kinds of excuses that one can come up to get out of situations. I don’t buy any of these craps for I believe in one thing; you have chosen it so live it responsibly.

I do not know about others but I sure have my fair share of working with people who seemed to think that others should help them with their work for they are being inconvenient. It always starts with the ‘I need a favour…’ tone and then further escalates to the ‘you are obliged to help me’ mentality. It gets so frustrated when you actually get blamed or reprimanded for not producing the best piece of work by the person that you are helping out of generosity. I have definitely tamed down a lot for the past me would simply asked the person to screw off and proceed to give the person a big piece of my mind. Sadly, the present me had degraded to bitching about it online.

I don’t really wish to blog about this post but sometimes enough is enough. I can understand that pregnancy do bring about a lot of inconvenient but that cannot be an excuse for everything. Let’s be fair. All of us had have a long weekend and we are ALL tired. So imagine how it feels when it is supposed to be your off day and you are so looking forward to a good rest when suddenly you are being thrown to replace certain people because they can’t make it.

Once is fine with me.

Twice is still bearable. But how many times does it take to cross the line?

We have to work around one person’s schedule simply because that person cannot make it. What about us? What about our needs? We may not be pregnant but hey we do have things that we really wanna do as well. The worst is after all the accommodating and taking on more days, we still have to bear with the so called ‘unexpected’ situations which simply mean more work for us. No ‘Thank you’ was mentioned. Everything seemed to be obligated and that everyone has to put their priorities aside for one person. And for what reason? For reasons like being pregnant (the bitchy me really feels like asking the person so what if you are pregnant!) and family issues.

Hey! Everyone has issues OK? I do not want to compare but I have my share of family issues to handle and despite all that, I submit my work on time and I go for my duties! Is my family issue not as urgent as that person? I beg to differ. I remember sitting outside the ICU, crying and setting papers at the same time. Have you ever try that before? I remember wishing that I have more time to accompany him when he was in hospital. Still, did I ever ask anyone to take over my duties or push it to anyone? Nope, never. So why are you so special?

If you want time to take care of people, I have an advice for you.

TAKE NO PAY LEAVE!

There is no such things as wanting $$ and time for family. If you had taken no pay leave, I would gladly shut my mouth up and take over your duties. If you do not want to do so, you have indirectly telling everyone that you can cope so stop pushing the duties to us. I work hard for my $$ too and why should I work for your $$ as well? Have you ever thought that while you are using our time to stay home, you have ripped our time with our family? Hey, I wish to stay home and take care of him ok?

I do not care about those people around you and what they think about us. They can say for all they want to, on how we are insensitive and cold for complaining about helping. If they have not been in our position and do your duties, I would not hesitate to ask them to shut up. I would not hesitate to ask them to stop pretending to be noble and start using actions to help as well. My theory is simple. If you are as noble as you claim, then do something and not to sit there and judged people.

I’m just sick of people coming up to me early in the morning telling me that I have to cover your duties again or how the others are unhappy that they have to help to prepare your work.

The next time it happens, I will not bitch about it here. I will just go straight to the management for a solution.

p/s: I’m simply too angry to be civilized in this blog. Especially after I heard the part on how the in-charge had told her that she could ignore all duties after hours to go back to her family and to rest for being pregnant. I’m mad because when the management gave me the go ahead to skip meetings and duties for 2 weeks to be at the hospital, the in-charge had asked another colleague to come to me and say that they would start counting the number of times that each of us is on duties and subtly hint that they will mark me down. I have nothing to say then for I did miss 2 weeks of duties. But if she really gets special permission to be offloaded, I definitely would not tolerate it and I’m not afraid of confrontation. After all being in the same department is not an excuse!

1 Wishes granted:

  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo, gal

    dun worry about expressing urself on ur blog, lah. :)
    aniwea, i am beginning to enjoy reading ur so-called bitchy and 'uncivilised' entries. very true and u! Love the way u are! :)

    work's tough, but jia you!!
    bond's over! Apex is prob still open.

    just rant it out, yea? :)

    jia you jia you!!

    ~ qing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home