**A CINDIRELLA TALE**

Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Youth Day!

Initially thought today is gonna be another super boring day cos i was arrowed to go down with the student for the Youth Festival Opening Cermony at the National Stadium.But it turned out to be quite nice actually. Kinda makes me feel like i'm in my youth all over again, except with more responsiblity. I can still remember what it is like to participate in Youth Day, representing your school, getting the gold award. Alas! That was in the past liao. Now, my life is just one rat race.

I can't help but kept thinking what was i doing as a youth. The teens these days have so much power to do so many things that teens in my generation are not able to. Or maybe it is just me. During dinner with fellow colleagues from WGS, i just suddenly realised how much i'd missed out during my teen times.

I was never a sports person, cos i was simply too afraid to get tan. Thus, throughout my teen life, i remained as a polar bear(as nicknamed by my friends). Strangely as i get older, the more i feel the need to be active. It is like suddenly i wanna live my life.

Maybe it is not too late. Afterall, i'm not too old yet. Like what Yumin used to say, "If u dun do it now, when do you wanna do it? When u are so old that u need a crutch?"

"Happiness is a state of mind!" This is a sentence i've been using when things get tough these few weeks. Trying to maintain a positive mind. Not easy to do so but i'm trying my best. I figures that i'd to live even if i'm unhappy so might as well make myself happy.

I dunno if it is this kinda thinking that is making me do stuffs that i would never when i'm much younger. Or maybe this is just something i'm doing to make myself feels that i'm not that old.. Haha.. I know running away from reality but isn't this what all of us need sometimes? It is not so bad to be living in ur dream world sometimes. Afterall, the world is built from everyone's dreams. Maybe not all will be realised but there is always the chance that it will.

So what are we waiting for? Start dreaming and don't forget the 'doing' part!

0 Wishes granted:

Post a Comment

<< Home