Just like the million others who is living under the same sky, I'm just trying to find that significant one to write my own fairy tale stories...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

From an road idiot...

I have been driving quite a bit since I've obtained my license. However, sadly to say I’m still losing my way like nobody business. I’m a road idiot and I totally know that. I can even get lost in area near my house, especially at night where every single HDB block looks the same.

Thus, I absolutely dislike it when others give me vague directions. If I’m driving along a road that I have never been before, I need clear and specify directions. I simply cannot use my or your so called logic to find an exit out of the expressway. So if you tell me to exit out of ‘A’ exit, I will happy cruising along till I see the sign ‘A’ exit. Do not expect me to know that I must exit at a point where there isn’t any road name that vaguely represents ‘A’ exit!

Please take into consideration that I’m still a new driver (very, very new!) with my probation plate still happily hanging at the front and back of the car. Please also take into consideration that for an inexperience driver like me, it is already very stressful trying to keep up with the gear change and stuff that sometimes I simply do not have the time to think logically! Please also take note that I do not have 10 years of driving experience where I can be confident enough to eat or talk during the journey. In short, do not compare me with you! Do not attempt to impose your style on the road on me as well. Everyone is unique and different. If I’m not offending any traffic rules, just let me drive in my own style, OK!

Lastly, if the next time I tell you that I want to pump up the petrol tank, just f***ing let me pump it up because I know myself too well that I will definitely lose my way. It is definitely not funny to be losing your way and still worrying about not having enough petrol at the same time.

Just try to remember what it is like when you first got your probation plate, if that is not too difficult a task for you…

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

It was a good weekend

It really was. True to my ‘I wanna be myself’ post, I decided to take some time off from work and in general everything else.

It all started when I was waiting at GH’s house waiting for him to finish his exam. Out of boredom, I managed a small talk with GH’s brother’s GF and the small talk leads to us shopping at the wet market which eventually leads to a double date.

The date was fun. The movie was great (which makes me want to write a long post about ‘Iron Man’!) and the dinner was filling. I never really know simple thing like this could be so satisfying or maybe I had never really tried in the past.

The next step is to get back into shape. Amore, here I come!

P/S: As I’m typing this entry, I’m actually talking to Mr Ray on MSN. Can you imagine? Haha..


Friday, May 02, 2008

For Myself

I just spent a considerable long period of time, going through the blogs of others. I cannot believe how much I have been missing out in the other aspect of my life. I had been so filled up with work for the past one year that i had failed to keep up with the others.

Although it is true that I’m busy with work but I’m ashamed to say that it is not an excuse for me to turn down gatherings and dates from friends. “I’m busy” seemed to be a very convenient excuse to use when you feel too tired to go out.

After ‘V’, I had made myself promised that I would not take anyone for granted and I would treasure all the time I have with my friends and loved ones. Alas, once again, I fell in the loop of ‘work-resting-work’. I made a wrong call to dump friendship aside to make time for the little rest that I can find. I did not even set aside enough time for my own family members!

What is wrong with me?

Work had occupied 90% of my time, with the remaining 10% spent on sleeping. Most of the time, I’m frustrated and irritable. Everyday, I just don’t seem to sleep enough (and it probably never will when you don’t get more than 4 hours of sleep) and I feel more and more helpless about the current situation.

I hate the coward me who dare not dare to say no to other people. I hate the fact that I have been working and working but yet I’m always been compared to some idiots who main talent is to bootlick. I hate myself even more for when I try to become someone that I’m not.

I cannot and will never be someone who will step on others to get to the high position. I had enough of pretending to be something else.

From now on, I will be myself.